Monday, May 2, 2011

Overview

As part of my senior options, I am required to write daily about the films I see. As a way to actively publish my writing, and as a way, also, to organize myself, I saw it fitting to create this haphazard and cheap-looking blog.

The focus of my study is film in the 70's. At the end of my one and a half long study, I plan to create a list of 50 essential 70's movies--an endeavor which, given the short amount of time and the great material the decade has to offer, will be most likely shortsighted and naive. Film has always been my passion, and although the project is, without a doubt, ridiculously ambitious, I figured watching 2 or 3 movies a day and writing about them would nonetheless be what I'd want to do the most for my senior options at Scarsdale High School.

The focus is, indeed, 70's movies; given certain limitations, I do feel the project might be too ambitious. Part of my requirement is to attend retrospectives in the city at least twice a week--and given that 70's movies are not always constantly in retrospective, the focus may change. In any case, I look forward to writing daily about what I see, and this blog is where I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment